Careers at Forbes Tate Partners
At Forbes Tate Partners, our staff is an extended family. This mindset helps us build on each other’s expertise, seize unique opportunities, and work from a foundation of trust and collaboration.
We come from various backgrounds and communities, and together form a group of innovative, smart, and dedicated staff. We believe strongly in celebrating the achievements of our employees and clients.
Most importantly, our shared decision-making and camaraderie throughout all levels of staff have helped us reach common goals and have fun along the way.
Analyst, Public Affairs
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over sixty clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as an entry level Analyst in our Public Affairs practice. The Public Affairs team specializes in crafting strong and compelling messages, devising smart communications and advocacy strategies, engaging the right audiences, and influencing public opinion to deliver results for our clients. This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
- Conducting research to develop and maintain general knowledge of legislation, public policy, and current events relevant to clients.
- Drafting content including press releases, one-pagers, case studies, op-eds, website copy, social media, grassroots action alerts and client reports.
- Assisting in the development of social media campaigns (organic and paid).
- Maintaining active communication, interface, and coordination with state field teams on specific client projects.
- Providing support for client events including event planning, vendor outreach, logistics, and event staffing.
- Supporting new business initiatives through research and proposal development in all formats including PowerPoint, narrative and memo formats.
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree. Prior experience (minimum 1 year) including work on political campaigns, in private sector communications, on Capitol Hill, within the executive branch, or for trade associations is helpful.
Additional required professional attributes include:
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary.
- Familiarity with technological platforms including Microsoft Office Suite and major social media services.
- The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their significance.
- Candidates are also encouraged to note any proficiency with data and media analysis tools or data metric analysis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (3 pages or less) to email@example.com. Please save each attachment with your full name (first and last name) and document title. For example: John Smith Resume, John Smith Cover Letter, John Smith Writing Sample.
No calls, emails or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
The FTP Internship Program offers students and recent graduates substantive, practical and hands-on experience working at the nexus between the public and private sectors. Our program exposes interns to the daily workings of a highly reputable government relations and public affairs firm and affords them the opportunity to work specifically with our Public Affairs, Research and Policy Analysis, or Insights Teams.
Public Affairs (PA) – Interns conduct research, write analyses, draft media content (including social media posts), prepare memos for meetings, and assist principals with client-facing projects.
Research and Policy Analysis (RPA) – Interns conduct legislative and policy analyses, attend and report on congressional hearings and briefings, and draft a broad array of research memoranda on issues including health care, tax, energy, natural resources, financial services, and more.
Insights – Insights interns will contribute to the development of media analysis, survey design, and focus groups. Interns should be excited about digging deeper into the nuts and bolts of data generation and analysis.
FTP hires paid interns each spring, summer, and fall semester. Session dates, application availability and deadlines are below:
2021 Internship Sessions
|Spring Semester (Virtual Only)||Summer Semester (Virtual Only)||Fall Semester (Virtual Only)|
|January 11 – May 21||May 24 – August 20||September 23 – December 17|
October 16 – November 6
March 29 – April 16
July 5 – July 23
Interested applicants can send a resume, cover letter, and two professional writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Intern Program Director. Please note that applications are only accepted during the dates listed above.
Forbes Tate Partners is an equal-opportunity employer.