Careers at Forbes Tate Partners
At Forbes Tate Partners, our staff is an extended family. This mindset helps us build on each other’s expertise, seize unique opportunities, and work from a foundation of trust and collaboration.
We come from various backgrounds and communities, and together form a group of innovative, smart, and dedicated staff. We believe strongly in celebrating the achievements of our employees and clients.
Most importantly, our shared decision-making and camaraderie throughout all levels of staff have helped us reach common goals and have fun along the way.
Analyst, Public Opinion Insights
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over sixty clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
Forbes Tate is looking to hire a public opinion research analyst for its newly formed and quickly growing insights practice. The insights practice plays a central role in our public affairs strategies and campaigns, and a successful candidate will be part of one of the fastest growing shops in Washington.
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
A bachelor’s degree, 2-3 years of experience in public opinion research, including designing, implementing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research projects across multiple platforms and methodologies. Successful applicants must also understand the nuts and bolts of data generation and analysis, but be eager to translate them into clean, actionable findings for clients and colleagues need usable insights, not a 100-page Powerpoint deck.
Additional required professional attributes include:
- Full understanding of both traditional and new methods for gathering and analyzing data.
- Strong skills in managing the entire research process, including overseeing outside vendors as necessary.
- Experience with data analysis platforms, which could include SPSS, Stata, R, or similar software or their online equivalents.
- Experience with basic questionnaire design and programming.
- Proficiency with data visualization in Powerpoint, Tableau or related software.
- Higher level data analysis skills — including factor analysis and regression analysis — are a plus.
Additional Desired Skills
- Be energized by the opportunity to help build a smart, strategic insights function (nearly) from scratch and get to serve blue-chip clients on day one.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem-solving skills to adapt to an ever-changing research landscape.
- Look forward to joining a firm whose employees have a wide diversity of skills and opinions in a fast-paced and fun DC atmosphere.
- Be creative in design and approach to research, and eager to find new methods to solve old problems.
- Be prepared to link your work directly to ongoing issue and advocacy campaigns from start to finish.
- Recognize that some of the best data come from existing sources, including public data, syndicated services, social media feeds and others — and is prepared to use any and all available data as part of the insights process.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (3 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
The FTP Internship Program offers students and recent graduates substantive, practical and hands-on experience working at the nexus between the public and private sectors. Our program exposes interns to the daily workings of a highly reputable government relations and public affairs firm and affords them the opportunity to work specifically with our Public Affairs or Research and Policy Analysis Teams.
Public Affairs (PA) – Interns conduct research, write analyses, draft media content (including social media posts), prepare memos for meetings, and assist principals with client-facing projects.
Research and Policy Analysis (RPA) – Interns conduct legislative and policy analyses, attend and report on congressional hearings and briefings, and draft a broad array of research memoranda on issues including health care, tax, energy, natural resources, financial services, and more.
FTP hires paid interns each spring, summer, and fall semester. Session dates, application availability and deadlines are below:
2021 Internship Sessions
|Spring Semester (Virtual Only)||Summer Semester (Virtual Only)||Fall Semester|
|January 11 – May 21||May 24 – August 20||September 23 – December 17|
October 16 – November 6
March 29 – April 16
July 5 – July 23
Interested applicants can send a resume, cover letter, and two professional writing samples to email@example.com attn: Intern Program Director. Please note that applications are only accepted during the dates listed above.
Forbes Tate Partners is an equal-opportunity employer.